This recipe is not a breaded lemon chicken recipe that you might expect from your local chinese restaurant. It is a fantastic zesty marinade. Low calorie too, if you’re into that type of thing. The calories come from only the chicken breast itself and the olive oil to marinade it in.
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, preferably freshly squeezed.
- 1/4 cup olive oil, preferably light olive oil as it has the highest smoke point, avoid extra virgin which has the lowest smoke point.
- 1 heaped tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Mix all the ingredients except the chicken in a bowl. Set aside about 1/3 cup of the marinade that you will use to baste the chicken while it cooks. Add chicken to the bowl, and place in the fridge for 30 mins.
Start up your BBQ, and preheat on high until it is nice and roasty. Discard marinade, and place chicken breasts directly on the grill. Cook for 6 or 7 minutes on each side, until fully cooked. Baste occasionally with the marinade you reserved. The internal temperature should be about 165 degrees or the juices run clear. Chicken breast can easily dry out, so be careful not to leave it on too long. Enjoy!