A delicious creamy tomato dip with a touch of spice. Itâ€™s very easy to make and you can easily double or even triple the recipe to feed a crowd.
This recipe is part of our Memorial Day Menu.
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 jalapeno (add more or less depending on how spicy you want the dip)
- 1 can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 2 cups cheese, grated, preferably Monterey Jack
- Â½ cup sour cream
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 1-2 green onions, finely sliced
Step 1: Making the Tomato Mixture
– Chop up the onion and green pepper, and then fry them in a pot with a little olive oil until theyâ€™re soft.
– Chop the jalapeno and add it with the can of chopped tomatoes and the cumin to the pot with the onions.
– Bring this tomato mixture to a boil.
Step 2: Making it Creamy
– Grate the cheese if itâ€™s not already done, and toss it with the flour.
– Add the cheese to the hot tomato mixture and stir until it is melted and smooth.
Step 3: Serving
– Scoop the dip into a nice bowl and top with sour cream, freshly chopped cilantro, and sliced green onions.
– Of course this dip is delicious with corn chips, but for something a bit special, try it with our Grilled Quesadillas.